MCPS in partnership with the community will meet all state goals for College and Career Readiness in Kentucky by 2017;
Goals: By 2017 Marion County Public Schools will...
- With literacy, numeracy, and fluency for all students through rigor, relevance and meaningful relationships in an environment which encourages creativity collaboration, and critical thinking.
- Providing a student-centered, individualized education, embracing diversity to prepare students for success in the 21st century global economy.
- provide each and every student, faculty and staff member a safe and se-cure teaching and learning environment by creating an atmosphere where bullying and harassment are not tolerated on any grounds.
- have a student attendance rate (97%), graduation rate (100%), and a CCR rate (80%) striving for the top 10% of all KY school districts.
- meet K-PREP accountability Achievement (72%) and Gap (67%) goals for reading and mathematics proficiency.
- show annual Growth at or exceeding state percentages as defined by KDE.
- ALL be labeled PROGRESSING during each accountability cycle.
Lagniappe: Going Beyond Full Measure
- All students can learn when they feel safe, accepted and valued
- High expectations for a challenging, engaging, real-world education is essen-tial for each and every student
- A culture of life-long learning, personal responsibility, and a renewed work ethic for all members of the learning community is critical for success
- Engagement of the full community in educating our students is vital
- MCPS must be responsive to the economic and work force needs of the com-munity in a global economy
- MCPS must produce responsible, civic-minded citizens