Marion County High School
Course Syllabus and Classroom Guidelines
Courses: Algebra 2 & Pre-AP Algebra 2
Teacher: Miss Martin
School Year: 2015-2016
Planning: 6th period
Course Description: This course is designed to build on algebraic and geometric concepts. It develops advanced algebra skills such as systems of equations, advanced polynomials, imaginary and complex numbers, quadratics, and concepts and includes the study of trigonometric functions. It also introduces matrices and their properties.
Required Materials: Notebook/binder, pencil/pen, paper EVERYDAY
Course Outline: It is posted on the school website for Algebra 2
- Attendance: It is your responsibility to be in class as much as possible and on time.
- Making Up Work When Absent: It is your responsibility to collect the assignment and turn it in within 3 days of your absence. Any notes taken those day(s) are your responsibility to get from a classmate.
- Grades: 10% - Homework, Participation, In-Class Assignments, etc.
70% - Assessments, Quizzes, and Projects
20% - Final Exam/End of Course Assessment
- A: 90%-100%
- B: 80%-89%
- C: 70%-79%
- D: 60%-69%
- Rules: You will follow the rules of the school and any for my classroom. You will receive one warning and if I have to address the issue again then consequences will be given based on which rule is not adhered to. See Classroom Guidelines.
- NO food or drink!
- NO cell phones in class (I will take them).
- Others are trying to learn, don’t speak out of turn.
- Do not leave your seat without permission.
- Be in your seat, working before the final bell rings.
- Come to class every day with the required materials.
- Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Pick up after yourself.
- Respect all ideas given in class and do not criticize anybody's ideas or thoughts.
If an exam is missed students are given two weeks (10 school days) to make up the exam. The student will need to make arrangements to stay after school or come before school to make up any exams.
- Retakes: In order to be eligible for retakes, you must complete ALL the homework assignments for that unit and I will have that recorded. Only then will you be able to retake if you wish.
Any student caught cheating will receive an automatic zero on the assignment or assessment. If you have a cell phone out during a test, it will be considered cheating and you will receive an automatic zero. A behavior referral will be submitted and a note will be sent home. This assignment or assessment will not be made up or retaken at any time during the year.