Ms. Young's Classroom Newsletter
Dream, Believe, Achieve
Nov. 12, 2018
- Students need 15 AR points by Thursday. Students need to read at home nightly.
- Students that requested paper copies of the NTI work are bringing home these envelopes today. Please keep them in a safe place and return the completed work in the envelope after an NTI day.
- Students are bringing home Progress Reports today. Please sign these and return to school tomorrow.
- Nov. 21-23 - Thanksgiving Break
- Dec. 3 - Shine Your Light Night
- Dec. 17 - Christmas Play 1:30 & 6:00
- Dec. 19 - End of Second Nine Weeks
- Dec. 20-Jan 2 - Christmas Break
Class Dojo Leaders
First place - Morgan Livers
Second place - Faith Wright
First place - Will Knopp (53.7 points)
Second place - Kenleigh Richardson (24.3 points)
Students will be working with possessive nouns.
This week's words end with -ed or -ing. Students have a list of this week's words in their planner. A copy of the list can also be found on my website.
Students will be learning how organisms depend on one another. We will discuss producers, consuemrs, decomposers, food chains, and food webs. Students will receive a study guide tomorrow and will be assessed next Tuesday.
Students will begin a new chapter this week on European explorers in Kentucky. We will discuss the reasons colonists wanted to move to Kentucky and why travel to Kentucky was difficult.
If your child did not score well on last week's Native Americans assessment, they may retest before school on Friday morning.