Ms. Young's Classroom Newsletter
Dream, Believe, Achieve
Aug. 20, 2018
- Please check your child's homework folder each Monday for a classroom newsletter and any correspondence from the school.
- Fourth and fifth grade students are expected to earn at least 10 AR points each nine weeks. AR tests must be taken at school. Don't wait to get started!
- Aug. 23 - Candle Sales begin
- Aug. 24 - Back to School Bash 6:00-8:00
- Aug. 27 - School Mall/Mr. Earl
- Aug. 29 - School pictures
- Aug. 31 - Early Release @ 1:00
- Sept. 3 - No School
- Sept. 4 - Candle Sales end
- Sept. 21 - Early Release @ 1:00
- Sept. 27 - Safety Day for MC 4th Grade Students @ Extension Office
- Sept. 28 - No School
Class Dojo Leaders
MaKenzie Greene - First place
Will Knopp - Second place
This week students will be learning about four types of sentences - declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory. We will also continue identifying subjects, predicates, and complete sentences.
This week’s words contain short e and long e. Students have a list of this week’s words in their planner. A copy of the list can also be found on my website.
Students will continue learning about plants. We will discuss pollination, parts of a seed, germination, and how seeds travel. Students will receive a study guide this week and will be assessed next week. Please encourage your child to study.
Students will be assessed over the world map on Friday and will need to be able to label the continents and oceans. They have a copy of the map in their Social Studies notebooks. We will also learn about the compass rose, including cardinal directions and intermediate directions.
Happy Birthday this week to Hunter Jeffires (Aug. 23)!