1. Sound it out.
2. Look for words that you know.
3. Look and listen for word patterns.
4. Look at the pictures.
5. Think about what makes sense.
6. Does it sound right?
7. Does it look like a word you know?
8. Skip the word you don't know.Read on for clues.Then reread the sentence.
9. Look at the pictures and the first letter or letters.
10. Point to each word.
- read every day.
- think about what they are reading.
- use reading strategies (looking at pictures and looking for words that they know.)
- share and talk about what they read.