To be an educational system that serves the needs of all students pursuing technical education and skills training.
To develop a versatile individual by providing technical education and skills training in a safe environment.
Provide technical skills training to secondary students that leads to successful post high school transition.
- Enhance career exploration options for secondary students.
- Collaborate with local school districts to enhance the educational growth of all students.
- Respond to the training needs of business and industry for the community.
- Become an Area Center of Excellence for continuous improvement of quality technical education for life long learning.
We, the staff and faculty of Marion County Area Technology Center, believe that individuals who desire to enroll in our programs have the right for guidance in career exploration and training in skills for job preparation.
The student is provided the opportunity for transition into advanced programs, development of employability, readiness and leadership skills while incorporating practicable application of academic skills.
Marion County ATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies:
Christina McRay, Principal
721 East Main Street
Lebanon, KY 40033
The purpose of Marion County Area Technology Center is to offer quality occupational skills and employability readiness instruction. Technical areas are responsive to the employment needs of the community and surrounding areas. We strive to enhance the potential for persons gaining employment and / or advancement in his/her existing or chosen career.
It is the purpose of this Center to provide selected occupational training in high school preparatory programs, adult long-term training when slots are available, and upgrade training upon demand.
The Center, in conjunction with the Marion County Job Training Consortium, will provide industry specific training to meet local industry needs. This training will be coordinated through local and state staff, as needed.
To provide students an opportunity for career awareness and career exploration skills.
- To develop combined applications of academic and technical skills.
- To provide the opportunity for students to obtain job entry skills.
- To provide leadership, training, and employability readiness training.
- To provide an opportunity for continuation into advanced programs at the post secondary level.
- To provide upgrade training for persons who have entered employment.
- To provide retraining for adults seeking new occupations.
- To help students in placement and in follow-up services.