Below is a letter from MCPS Nutrition Director Jennifer Wheeler regarding this week's meal bundles:
October 29, 2020
I hope this letter and these meals find your family and you well. In providing meals for your children, we at MCPS hope we are helping to relieve some of your stress during this time.
I do want to share a few food safety pointers with you in regards to what you have picked up today. In your bags you will find:
- A chicken Patty– These will need to be kept in the freezer and then cooked from frozen at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
- Pizza – Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes. *Note - Some pizzas will have cooking directions on them, if they do please follow those directions.
- Chicken and Rice Bowl – Microwave 2-3 minutes until warm all the way through.
- Mac & Cheese Bowl – Microwave 3 minutes or until warm all the way through.
- Taco Stick – Thaw then bake at 300 for 18-20 minuts.
- Bosco Sticks – Directions are on the package.
- Turkey, Ham & Cheese Sandwich – Thaw in wrapper, can be eaten cold or warmed to desired temperature.
- 1 gallon of milk – this needs to be refrigerated and used by the date on it. If you cannot use all of your milk by this date, it can be frozen to cook with.
- Juice Boxes – These are shelf stable and may be kept on the counter.
- Potatoes– The potatoes need to be kept in your refrigerator. Please wash potatoes before consumption.
- A variety of breakfast items, crackers and snack items – These are fine to set on your counter in a cool dry area.
- A Variety of Fruits –These are fine to set out on your counter; however fresh fruit will keep longer in your refrigerator. Please wash fresh fruit before consumption.
Please note that not all bags will contain all of the items listed above. Just like our local grocery stores, the distributor we use is struggling to have the stock needed to meet our demand.
The food service team as well as everyone else at MCPS is anxious to get our children back in our buildings, but for the time being we will continue to work to serve everyone in the safest way possible for all parties.
If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at Jennifer.email@example.com.
School Nutrition Director
This week's menu: