NOTICE OF VACANT MARION COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT
The Marion County Board of Education is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing seat District #3. This appointment will be effective until the November 2022 regular election.
Responsibilities include: setting policy to govern the District; hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; and levying taxes and adopting the District budget. Board members must:
- Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
- Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
- Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
- Complete required annual in-service training.
Applications are available at Marion County Board of Education or online here.
Mail applications to: Superintendent, ATTN: Board Vacancy, 755 East Main Street, Lebanon, KY 40033.
Deadline to apply is 4 p.m. October 1, 2021.